Tip for: 10.26.15
Did you know the Bulletin Boards support video? If you want to assign your students video projects, such as book trailers, you can show those completed videos right in Bulletin Boards.
Whether using iMovie (which comes free with Macs) or Windows Movie Maker (which you can download for free for Windows), or any other video editor, your students can create these projects, export the videos, upload them to YouTube or put them on your school’s server, and show them in Bulletin Boards.
To create a Bulletin Board for Book Trailers:
- From Tools, open Bulletins.
- Use the gear at the top to Add Bulletin Board.
- Fill in the Board Name e.g. Book Trailers.
To create a Bulletin that shows a video:
- Use the plus (+) icon at the bottom left to add a Bulletin.
- Fill in the Bulletin Name e.g. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- In Bulletin Text, fill in one of two types of code strings:
- Linking to the file as it exists on your school server, or
- Embedding a YouTube (or Vimeo or other hosted) video.
Sample video file link code:
<video width="275" height="240" controls> <source src="http://18.104.22.168/videos/booktrailers/bloodqueen.mp4" type="video/mp4"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video>
Sample YouTube embed code:
<iframe width="270" height="152" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8UbsNfwkZwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here are some examples of book trailers and what creating something similar might require:
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Requires: 1 actor, 1 prop, some camera work, narration
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Requires: 3 actors, some setting, narration
- My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson
Requires: Multiple actors, multiple props, multiple settings, narration
- Goth Girl and the Wuthering Fright by Chris Riddell
Requires: Sketches, sound effects
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Requires: Graphics, narration
- Storm Glass by Melissa V. Snyder
Requires: Graphics, multiple props, narration, 1-2 actors
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
Incarceron by Catherine FisherReckless by Cornelia FunkeRequires: Graphics
Don’t they just make you want to read the book?
Have your students created book trailers? We want to see! Send us the link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search smarter!—Combine search results
Oct 13, 2021
Feeling lost?–Handling lost and discarded items
Oct 06, 2021
New Inventory–Using Search Strings
Sep 29, 2021
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?