Tip for: 10.24.16
Reports in Alexandria generated in Circulation, or accessed through Operation Management, will download as PDFs to your computer. Did you know you can set your browser preferences to open these files for you?
To have Chrome open pdfs automatically:
- Go to chrome://plugins in Chrome
- Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Download a PDF (e.g. in Circulation, Patron pane > Actions menu > History)
- In the bottom left corner, click the arrow next to the downloaded file
- Choose Always Open With System Viewer
You can choose how Firefox handles different file types:
- Go to Firefox Preferences
- On the left, click Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set its Action
To configure Safari to open PDFs automatically:
- Go to Safari Preferences, General
- Check the box to Open “safe” files after downloading
For Internet Explorer:
- Open IE Preferences
- On the left, click Internet
- Check the box to Display PDF in browser
- You may also need to Manage Add-ons and Enable Adobe PDF Reader.
From our librarians—Reusable book menu cards
Nov 18, 2020
Lost books? Remind your patrons about them!
Nov 11, 2020
What's due soon?—Relative dates
Nov 04, 2020
'Tis the season for a holiday policy!
Oct 28, 2020
Which MARC tag and subfield do I use?
Oct 21, 2020
Improve searching—Medium aliases
Oct 14, 2020
New Copy List—See where your copies are
Oct 07, 2020
New Item Details—Interactivity and reorganization
Sep 30, 2020
Clean up—Managing Z39.50 servers
Sep 23, 2020
Immediately check out in-stock holds
Sep 16, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?