Tip for: 10.24.16
Reports in Alexandria generated in Circulation, or accessed through Operation Management, will download as PDFs to your computer. Did you know you can set your browser preferences to open these files for you?
To have Chrome open pdfs automatically:
- Go to chrome://plugins in Chrome
- Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Download a PDF (e.g. in Circulation, Patron pane > Actions menu > History)
- In the bottom left corner, click the arrow next to the downloaded file
- Choose Always Open With System Viewer
You can choose how Firefox handles different file types:
- Go to Firefox Preferences
- On the left, click Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set its Action
To configure Safari to open PDFs automatically:
- Go to Safari Preferences, General
- Check the box to Open “safe” files after downloading
For Internet Explorer:
- Open IE Preferences
- On the left, click Internet
- Check the box to Display PDF in browser
- You may also need to Manage Add-ons and Enable Adobe PDF Reader.
Reporting and policies—How are they related?
yesterday at 8:42 AM
eBooks—All the resources
Jun 03, 2020
Help us help you!—Page ratings
May 13, 2020
Help!—Researcher training for librarians
May 06, 2020
New Capstone titles?—Hooray!
Apr 29, 2020
End-of-year prep—Back up your data
Apr 22, 2020
End-of-year prep—Managing patrons
Apr 15, 2020
End-of-year prep—Item clean up
Apr 08, 2020
End-of-year prep—Disable emails
Apr 01, 2020
Mar 25, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?