Tip for: 10.24.16
Reports in Alexandria generated in Circulation, or accessed through Operation Management, will download as PDFs to your computer. Did you know you can set your browser preferences to open these files for you?
To have Chrome open pdfs automatically:
- Go to chrome://plugins in Chrome
- Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Download a PDF (e.g. in Circulation, Patron pane > Actions menu > History)
- In the bottom left corner, click the arrow next to the downloaded file
- Choose Always Open With System Viewer
You can choose how Firefox handles different file types:
- Go to Firefox Preferences
- On the left, click Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set its Action
To configure Safari to open PDFs automatically:
- Go to Safari Preferences, General
- Check the box to Open “safe” files after downloading
For Internet Explorer:
- Open IE Preferences
- On the left, click Internet
- Check the box to Display PDF in browser
- You may also need to Manage Add-ons and Enable Adobe PDF Reader.
Immediately check out in-stock holds
Sep 16, 2020
New Patron Details—We listened to your feedback!
Sep 09, 2020
Customize your notices!
Sep 02, 2020
Keeping patrons informed—Email notices
Aug 26, 2020
Refresher—Checking in items
Aug 19, 2020
Why can't I find it?—Tips for using Search
Aug 12, 2020
It's that time!—Beginning-of-Year
Aug 05, 2020
Reopening libraries—things to do
Jul 29, 2020
Remote checkouts—all the resources
Jul 24, 2020
Reporting and policies—How are they related?
Jul 10, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?