Tip for: 10.24.16
Reports in Alexandria generated in Circulation, or accessed through Operation Management, will download as PDFs to your computer. Did you know you can set your browser preferences to open these files for you?
To have Chrome open pdfs automatically:
- Go to chrome://plugins in Chrome
- Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Download a PDF (e.g. in Circulation, Patron pane > Actions menu > History)
- In the bottom left corner, click the arrow next to the downloaded file
- Choose Always Open With System Viewer
You can choose how Firefox handles different file types:
- Go to Firefox Preferences
- On the left, click Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set its Action
To configure Safari to open PDFs automatically:
- Go to Safari Preferences, General
- Check the box to Open “safe” files after downloading
For Internet Explorer:
- Open IE Preferences
- On the left, click Internet
- Check the box to Display PDF in browser
- You may also need to Manage Add-ons and Enable Adobe PDF Reader.
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Exports—Move and modify data
May 05, 2021
What do you think?—Reviews
Apr 28, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?