Tip for: 10.24.16
Reports in Alexandria generated in Circulation, or accessed through Operation Management, will download as PDFs to your computer. Did you know you can set your browser preferences to open these files for you?
To have Chrome open pdfs automatically:
- Go to chrome://plugins in Chrome
- Enable Chrome PDF Viewer
- Download a PDF (e.g. in Circulation, Patron pane > Actions menu > History)
- In the bottom left corner, click the arrow next to the downloaded file
- Choose Always Open With System Viewer
You can choose how Firefox handles different file types:
- Go to Firefox Preferences
- On the left, click Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) and set its Action
To configure Safari to open PDFs automatically:
- Go to Safari Preferences, General
- Check the box to Open “safe” files after downloading
For Internet Explorer:
- Open IE Preferences
- On the left, click Internet
- Check the box to Display PDF in browser
- You may also need to Manage Add-ons and Enable Adobe PDF Reader.
Mar 25, 2020
End-of-year prep—Due dates
Mar 19, 2020
When are my books due?—Send Patron Details to everyone
Mar 04, 2020
Help!—New utilities documentation
Feb 26, 2020
Reservations in Researcher—Train your patrons
Feb 19, 2020
Improved Reservations interface!
Feb 12, 2020
When two isn't better than one—Merging patron records
Feb 05, 2020
Get your books back!—Scheduling overdue notices
Jan 29, 2020
Cards expiring? Let your patrons know!
Jan 22, 2020
Automatically Open Report PDFs
Jan 15, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!