Tip for: 02.26.18
Did you know you could use your school logo in Researcher? In v7 there is a new preference for this. For v6, we can get a similar effect using Explore Builder (which you could also use for v7).
Displaying your logo in Researcher in v7:
- Open Preferences and go to Researcher.
- In the Researcher Module preferences, you will see a space for Logo.
- Choose a file or drop your logo file in the logo space.*
- If you want the logo to link to your school’s website, enter the URL under Logo Link.
- Save the preference.
*Your logo will need to be in png format, no larger than 100KB.
See the logo in Researcher!
Displaying your logo in Researcher in v6:
- From Tools, open Explore Builder.
- Locate your ‘v6 explore start’ or whatever you’ve named your starting Explore Pane. It should be in bold.
- Move the buttons around to make space for your logo. Note: Once you’ve cleared a space, it’s a good idea to right-click the area and ‘Clear button’ and ‘Clear button image’ to completely clear it.
- Drop your logo file in the button.*
- Give it some text (optional).
- Assign the button an action, like launching the URL for your main library page (also optional).
- Press OK.
- Save the Explore Builder.
*You can use a PNG, but a JPG may work better to position the logo.
Now when you launch Researcher, you should see your logo!
Note: Your browser will cache the buttons. So if you’ve changed the button, it may not display the updated button in your normal browser (until you clear the cache). Try viewing it in a different browser to see if it worked, or clear your browser cache.
eBooks—All the resources
Jun 03, 2020
Help us help you!—Page ratings
May 13, 2020
Help!—Researcher training for librarians
May 06, 2020
New Capstone titles?—Hooray!
Apr 29, 2020
End-of-year prep—Back up your data
Apr 22, 2020
End-of-year prep—Managing patrons
Apr 15, 2020
End-of-year prep—Item clean up
Apr 08, 2020
End-of-year prep—Disable emails
Apr 01, 2020
Mar 25, 2020
End-of-year prep—Due dates
Mar 19, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?