Alexandria's Message Center allows you to receive notifications from COMPanion and other partners; these notifications contain data or information from COMPanion or COMPanion-sanctioned third parties and will vary depending on what features you are licensed to use. The interface for the Message Center window is comprised of a single list, with COMPanion messages shown first.
The Message Center icon resides alongside the Operations Management and Help icons in the Circulation module.
Click on the Message Center icon to open the Message Center and display a list of your notifications; when you have unread notifications or receive notification that new messages are available, a red dot appears on the Message Center icon. New messages are checked for when Alexandria performs Daily Operations.
Message Center: Basics
- Alexandria checks for new messages:
- During Daily Operations and
- anytime the Message Center interface is activated
Notifications or important files from other third-party partners are also included when Alexandria checks for new messages.
- Alexandria retrieves COMPanion notifications based on your Data Station's serial number.
- Messages and notifications are relatively time-sensitive; usually, only the most recent ones are relevant. Because of this, the Message Center only keeps the last 10received notifications. Messages in excess of this or older than 90 days are automatically removed.
- Alexandria remembers the last time that the Message Center was opened (per site); this becomes the individual cut-off point for all new messages.