How helpful was this page?
Related Blog Posts
Keep track of items on display
Nov 02, 2022
Keeping track of patrons: Account expiration dates
Jul 06, 2022
End-of-year tips: Managing patrons
May 03, 2022
Are your Utilities running?—Take the right steps
Feb 16, 2022
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Changing call numbers—helpful utilities
Mar 03, 2021
Mystery, fantasy, classics—Adding genres
Feb 24, 2021
My data!—All about archives
Feb 17, 2021
Send notices by charge amount
Jan 20, 2021
Run this utility if you accidentally imported items with the wrong medium and need to correct the mistake.
Change Medium to: Specify the new medium you would like selected titles to have.
Change Title Call Numbers
Changes various components of selected title call numbers (prefixes, case, slashes, and matching to copy call numbers)
Check out Keep it straight—Title vs Copy Call Number to learn the difference between title and copy call numbers.
- Librarians can use this utility to change call numbers to their preferred style.
- Use this utility to help genrefy your library's collection.
- If a school district comes out with new standards, librarians can use this utility to quickly reorganize their collection.
- Use this utility to clean up differences between title and copy call numbers.
Copies with a Genre of: This selection includes all terms that look similar. For example, a selection for "Fantasies" would also include "Fantasy."
Change Call #
No Change: Choose this option if you don't want to make any prefix changes.
Add prefix: Appends the new prefix entered into the Add field to the front of selected call numbers. If adding a prefix results in exceeding the 50 character limit, that call number will be skipped.
Remove prefix: Removes the text entered into the Remove field from selected call numbers. Additional spaces are removed as well if there are still characters left.
Replace prefix: Replaces the existing call number entered into the Replace field with the new call number entered into the with field. The Replace field isn't case sensitive (e.g. "fiC" would replace both "FIC" and "fic"). If replacing a prefix results in exceeding the 50 character limit, that call number will be skipped.
Match Title to Copy Call Number: Changes selected titles' call numbers to match the first copy's call number.
Removing and replacing only affect the first word of a call number. For example, if the original call number is "FIC BIO," you could change "FIC" to "P" but not just "F" to "P." Also, you could change "FIC" to "P" but not "BIO" to "P."
No Change: Choose this option if you don't want to make any case changes.
All Letters Uppercase: e.g. FIC BIO
All Letters Lowercase: e.g. fic bio
First Letter Uppercase: e.g. Fic Bio
When checked, this option will remove all forward slashes ("/").
Change Title Policy
Textbook Tracker: Change Textbook Policy
Run the Recompute Due Dates utility after this utility if you want to update due dates for checked out items based on new policies.
- Run this utility if you've made changes to your policies and they are the same across all of your sites. However, if your policies differ by site, use the Change Copy Policy utility instead.
- If you use a policy like "Bestseller" and need to frequently move a group of items in and out of that policy, use this utility.
Match titles to policy of the first copy: When selected, the utility will change title policies to match that of the first copy.
Change Policy to: Specify the new policy you would like selected titles to have.
Hide Titles in Search
Hides selected titles in all Researcher modules
Running this utility turns on the Don't Show in Researcher option in selected title records.
Run this utility to hide teacher-only materials in Researcher.
You can view hidden items in Researcher by holding down Alt / Option while searching.
Removes queue, in-stock/on-shelf, or all holds on selected titles and their copies
Textbook Tracker: Remove Textbooks
Removes all selected title records and their copies
There are three ways to handle copies that are checked out:
- Declare Lost. The copy is declared lost and the patron is charged appropriately. Neither the title record or copy are removed; however, other copies under that title that aren't checked out are removed.
- Remove. The title record and all copies are removed.
- Keep. The title record and checked out copy will not be removed. However, other copies under that title that aren't checked out are removed.
Run this utility if you made a mistake while importing item records and need to remove those titles before trying again.
Checked Out Copies: Choose what to do with copies that are currently checked out.
Remove Titles without Copies
Removes selected title records that don't have any copies
Make sure your selection does not include items that purposely don't have any copies, such as electronic resources.
Run this utility to clear out old titles with no copies left that you don't intend to replace. This can sometimes happen as copies are lost and discarded.