Sites Management is where you configure or create Site ID Codes and provide information pertaining to either your single school or each of the individual schools in your Centralized Catalog. You can view, modify, add, and remove site information by using the current record fields and the commands in the Actions menu.
Only operators with District or Library Administrator security levels can configure site information; however, any operator with the appropriate Security Group and Site Access settings can select the site in the dropdown menus found in Patrons Management, Textbooks Management, and other places within the program. Valid and available sites are always pulled from here.
The Sites management window consists of a similar two-panel layout found in many of Alexandria’s main management windows.
- Site Records List. The left-hand side of the Sites management window belongs to the Site Records List, used for selecting the site you wish to modify and other related tools. This section is only appears for Centralized Catalog catalogs.
- Current Site Record pane. The larger, right-hand portion of the Sites management window consists of the Current Site Record pane where the currently selected site record is displayed, in full, along with associated tools in the Actions menu that help perform operations on said record.
Site Records List
In a Centralized Catalog, the Site Records list, where all of the sites in your union are listed, is on the left-hand side of the window. The site in bold at the top of the Site Records List is your union site record. If you have a single site license, this will be your only site record. Select a site here to view the site data in the Current Record pane to the right.
Filter. If you have a lot of sites to sort through, use the filter bar to search for a specific site.
Add. Click here to add a new site to your list.
You cannot add any additional sites with a single site license. Please contact COMPanion's Sales Department at (800)-347-6439 if you would like to upgrade to a Centralized Catalog and increase your site limit.
Union Site Record
The site in bold at the top of the Site Records List is your union site record. The default library name and address is set by your registration information. If you have a single site license, this will be your only record.
If you manage multiple collections in a Centralized Catalog environment, a site Code is embedded in Patron and Item records to allow an operator to quickly differentiate data belonging to one collection over another. All Centralized Catalogs have a Union Site Record within the list of Site Codes when logging into Alexandria or Textbook Tracker as administrator.
A Union Site Record is a special purpose site that does not operate like a normal site. Any items assigned to it may only be checked out by System Patrons (barcodes 1-50). It is used by Alexandria and Textbook Tracker in two ways:
- As a place to assign Patron or Items records that do not have a designated site.
- Defining Preference default settings; when a new site is created the Preference settings from the Union Site are copied to the new site.
Site ID Codes are used in several ways:
- To identify the collection for which a copy belongs.
- To identify the site for which a patron belongs.
- To determine whether a book-droppped copy was returned to the correct location or if it needs to be placed in transit and returned to the owning library.
- To filter a patron's Researcher search results to display only a particular collection (or group of collections) for which they are interested.
- Other areas affected by Sites management include Subscriptions, Routes, Maps, and Bulletins.
Current Site Record
The right section of Sites Management is dedicated to the current site record, which displays full details for the site selected from the Site Records List pane on the left.
Lock/Unlock. Click the padlock to unlock the record for editing.
- Remove Site. Permanently delete the selected site from both Textbook Tracker and Alexandria.
- Site Record Counts. View site record data. Example
Operations Management. Go to Operations Management to view and download your finished reports.
Support. Having trouble? This will open support documentation for this topic in another tab.
Site Record Settings
Enter the name of the current site's administrator or head librarian here. This name will be added to the bottom of form letters.
Enter the site address, city, state, postal code, and country for the library. This data is used for return addresses on patron notices, for information shown on the Researcher Workstation, and is included in emails sent to COMPanion's Customer Support team. It is also used as the default information when creating a new patron who doesn't have city, state, postal code, or country information specified.
Site ID Code
This is used to tag various record types, including Patrons and Items. Other areas affected by the Site ID Code include Orders, Budgets, Vendors, Subscriptions, Routes, Maps, and Bulletins.
Enter the name of your site (e.g. COMPanion Demonstration Library). The union site name is determined by your registration and cannot be changed manually. Please contact the COMPanion Sales department at (800)-347-6439 if you need to change your union site name.
The site administrator's title. For example, Librarian, Director of Media, Library Specialist, or Teacher. This title can also be included on form letters.
Provide the telephone number for the site's main desk or office.
This is the site's email address, which is used as the return mail address for overdue notices and other email messages sent by Alexandria. To guarantee that your email notifications are being sent, please check the list of requirements located under your Email settings. You must enter a valid email address to use most email services, including COMPanion's Customer Support services.
If applicable, provide this site's fax number.
Any text you enter in this field will be displayed when you click on the Site Information link in your Alexandria Researcher. Describe your library hours (e.g. 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) with any combination of numbers and hours. If you decide to leave this field blank, the text “Library Hours Not Specified” will appear in the Site Information section of your Researcher Workstation.
An optional notes field where you can provide any supplementary information about your managed sites.
This database is shared with Alexandria.
Changes made in Textbook Tracker will be reflected in Alexandria, and vice versa.