Tip for April 29, 2019
Inventory requires a lot of moving around. Do you want to be tied, literally, to your computer and scanner? Of course not. So let's go mobile!
So, what do you need to be a mobile inventorying super librarian?
- Alexandria 7 Offline Mode
- A smartphone
- A Bluetooth scanner connected to your phone
- A library collection with scannable barcodes
- A great attitude (Kidding! You can do this even if you aren't super happy about it.)
On your phone's internet browser, go to your library URL followed by /offline (mylibrary.goalexandria.com/offline), then choose Inventory mode and get to work!
There are a few really really important things you need to know before you begin. Offline Mode is basically creating a transaction script, not real transactions, which means...
- Offline Mode keeps a running log of your inventory, but nothing actually happens until you hit the Upload button on the bottom right and send the data to your Alexandria.
- The running log will not tell you if there are any exceptions. Once you upload the data, go to Operations Management and open the Info file for the transaction script import. Scroll through the list of transactions and look for "Exceptions: . . ." It will also show *** (status) or ??→ (out of call # order).
Mobile Offline Mode is only in Alexandria 7. Are you still on version 6? Learn about switching to Alexandria 7!
Weeding items: why keep discarded items?
about 9 hours ago
Circulation: Items out tab
Mar 21, 2023
Circulation: homeroom tab
Mar 15, 2023
Circulation: command line
Mar 08, 2023
Your favorite things–Dashboard
Mar 01, 2023
It's heeeeeere! Navigating the Makeover
Feb 22, 2023
Enhance your skills in Alexandria–Virtual Librarian
Feb 14, 2023
Changing teacher names in Alexandria
Feb 07, 2023
Curate your collection–Stats with Super Summary
Feb 01, 2023
Overdue items notices–"Yes, I am sending them"
Jan 25, 2023
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?