December 16th, 2019
Winter break is just around the corner, which means it's time to heckle your patrons about returning their stuff on time. How can you notify patrons about coming due and overdue items at the same time? We've got a report for that!
Using the Coming Due Items Notice report for both coming due and overdue items is a breeze:
- Go to Tools > Reports > Circulation > Notices > Coming Due Items Notice.
- On the Selections tab, click on the arrow to the right of the Patrons with Items Due selection. Then click on Date Range.
- Leave the first date field blank. (This way, overdue items will be included as well.)
- Enter your ending date in the second date field. We suggest making this the last day before break.
- Make any other necessary selections (policy, grade, homeroom, etc).
On the Options tab, choose in which format you'd like to send the notices.
Check out our documentation on the Coming Due Items Notice report to see what all of the different formats look like!
- If needed, customize the chosen format's checkboxes and notice text.
- Click Run.
If you chose to email the notices, you don't need to do anything else but wait for those books to come in! However, if you chose a paper format, you will need to download the notices from Operations Managementbefore printing and distributing them.
We hope you and your patrons have a wonderful break! Just as a reminder, Customer Support will still be available 24/7 to help you during the holidays. Simply give them a call at 1-800-347-4942 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Exports—Move and modify data
May 05, 2021
What do you think?—Reviews
Apr 28, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?