December 16th, 2019
Winter break is just around the corner, which means it's time to heckle your patrons about returning their stuff on time. How can you notify patrons about coming due and overdue items at the same time? We've got a report for that!
Using the Coming Due Items Notice report for both coming due and overdue items is a breeze:
- Go to Tools > Reports > Circulation > Notices > Coming Due Items Notice.
- On the Selections tab, click on the arrow to the right of the Patrons with Items Due selection. Then click on Date Range.
- Leave the first date field blank. (This way, overdue items will be included as well.)
- Enter your ending date in the second date field. We suggest making this the last day before break.
- Make any other necessary selections (policy, grade, homeroom, etc).
On the Options tab, choose in which format you'd like to send the notices.
Check out our documentation on the Coming Due Items Notice report to see what all of the different formats look like!
- If needed, customize the chosen format's checkboxes and notice text.
- Click Run.
If you chose to email the notices, you don't need to do anything else but wait for those books to come in! However, if you chose a paper format, you will need to download the notices from Operations Managementbefore printing and distributing them.
We hope you and your patrons have a wonderful break! Just as a reminder, Customer Support will still be available 24/7 to help you during the holidays. Simply give them a call at 1-800-347-4942 or send an email to email@example.com.
Update title records with exports & imports? Yes, you can!
Jan 19, 2022
Getting equipped: Cataloging items for your library
Jan 13, 2022
Important info on imports
Jan 06, 2022
Top 5 tips of 2021!
Dec 29, 2021
2022 tips ... can we get your feedback?
Dec 08, 2021
Makin' a list (of winter break to dos) & checkin' it twice...
Dec 01, 2021
Overdue Items Notices? We've got you cover-ed
Nov 24, 2021
Automatic email notices... What are you waiting for?
Nov 17, 2021
Labels–Consider the variables
Nov 10, 2021
Let it go—Legacy reports are so last season
Nov 03, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?