February 3rd, 2020
Miss Honey likes to consistently remind her students to return overdue books, which is why she sends out an Overdue Items Notice report each week. However, she finds setting up the report each time to be tedious... But there's a better way: scheduling your overdue notice reports.
Scheduling overdue notice reports in Alexandria is simple:
- There are a variety of overdue notice reports: Overdue Items Notice, Overdue Items and Unpaid Charges Notice, and Severely Overdue Items Notice. Take a look at each and decide which best fits your needs.
- Go to the Reports module and select the report you want to schedule.
- Click Create Saved Report in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type a name for the report and click OK.
- The report will move to the Saved tab, where there are additional settings. Fill out the Overview, Selections, Options, Schedule, Notification, and FTP tabs as necessary.
- Be sure to fill out the Schedule tab to determine the report frequency.
- If you would like notices to be emailed directly to students, choose the Email format on the Options tab.
- If you use paper notices and want to be emailed a link to the downloadable PDF each week, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification and Download Link To field.
If you want a confirmation each time the report runs, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification To field.
Email Settings need to be configured for email notice reports to work.
- Click Save.
And there you go! The notices will be emailed or generated automatically each week or month, and students will—hopefully—start returning their overdue items.
Immediately check out in-stock holds
Sep 16, 2020
New Patron Details—We listened to your feedback!
Sep 09, 2020
Customize your notices!
Sep 02, 2020
Keeping patrons informed—Email notices
Aug 26, 2020
Refresher—Checking in items
Aug 19, 2020
Why can't I find it?—Tips for using Search
Aug 12, 2020
It's that time!—Beginning-of-Year
Aug 05, 2020
Reopening libraries—things to do
Jul 29, 2020
Remote checkouts—all the resources
Jul 24, 2020
Reporting and policies—How are they related?
Jul 10, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?