February 3rd, 2020
Miss Honey likes to consistently remind her students to return overdue books, which is why she sends out an Overdue Items Notice report each week. However, she finds setting up the report each time to be tedious... But there's a better way: scheduling your overdue notice reports.
Scheduling overdue notice reports in Alexandria is simple:
- There are a variety of overdue notice reports: Overdue Items Notice, Overdue Items and Unpaid Charges Notice, and Severely Overdue Items Notice. Take a look at each and decide which best fits your needs.
- Go to the Reports module and select the report you want to schedule.
- Click Create Saved Report in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type a name for the report and click OK.
- The report will move to the Saved tab, where there are additional settings. Fill out the Overview, Selections, Options, Schedule, Notification, and FTP tabs as necessary.
- Be sure to fill out the Schedule tab to determine the report frequency.
- If you would like notices to be emailed directly to students, choose the Email format on the Options tab.
- If you use paper notices and want to be emailed a link to the downloadable PDF each week, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification and Download Link To field.
If you want a confirmation each time the report runs, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification To field.
Email Preferences need to be configured for email notice reports to work.
- Click Save.
And there you go! The notices will be emailed or generated automatically each week or month, and students will—hopefully—start returning their overdue items.
Update title records with exports & imports? Yes, you can!
Jan 19, 2022
Getting equipped: Cataloging items for your library
Jan 13, 2022
Important info on imports
Jan 06, 2022
Top 5 tips of 2021!
Dec 29, 2021
2022 tips ... can we get your feedback?
Dec 08, 2021
Makin' a list (of winter break to dos) & checkin' it twice...
Dec 01, 2021
Overdue Items Notices? We've got you cover-ed
Nov 24, 2021
Automatic email notices... What are you waiting for?
Nov 17, 2021
Labels–Consider the variables
Nov 10, 2021
Let it go—Legacy reports are so last season
Nov 03, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?