February 3rd, 2020
Miss Honey likes to consistently remind her students to return overdue books, which is why she sends out an Overdue Items Notice report each week. However, she finds setting up the report each time to be tedious... But there's a better way: scheduling your overdue notice reports.
Scheduling overdue notice reports in Alexandria is simple:
- There are a variety of overdue notice reports: Overdue Items Notice and Overdue Items and Unpaid Charges Notice. Take a look at each and decide which best fits your needs.
- Go to the Reports module and select the report you want to schedule.
- Click Create Saved Report in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type a name for the report and click OK.
- The report will move to the Saved tab, where there are additional settings. Fill out the Overview, Selections, Options, Schedule, Notification, and FTP tabs as necessary.
- Be sure to fill out the Schedule tab to determine the report frequency.
- If you would like notices to be emailed directly to students, choose the Email format on the Options tab.
- If you use paper notices and want to be emailed a link to the downloadable PDF each week, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification and Download Link To field.
If you want a confirmation each time the report runs, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification To field.
Email Preferences need to be configured for email notice reports to work.
- Click Save.
And there you go! The notices will be emailed or generated automatically each week or month, and students will—hopefully—start returning their overdue items.
Overdue items notices–"Yes, I am sending them"
Jan 25, 2023
How to share your district report standards
Jan 18, 2023
Share your top titles
Jan 10, 2023
Best browser tips
Jan 04, 2023
Winter break–we're here to help!
Dec 06, 2022
Get your books back–send emails!
Nov 29, 2022
Transaction Scripts–Not just for inventory
Nov 26, 2022
The key to assigning keywords
Nov 08, 2022
Keep track of items on display
Nov 02, 2022
Introducing the NEW Circulation videos!
Oct 27, 2022
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?