November 16th, 2020
Do you still have a lot of lost books? When schools and libraries had to close suddenly, students may have lost or forgotten about their books. If your patrons need a little reminder to return them, simply send out the Lost Items Charge Notice report!
The Lost Items Charge Notice report will go out to all selected patrons who have unpaid charges on lost items. We recommend you set up a scheduled report that will automatically send notices on a regular basis:
- Go to Reports > Circulation > Notices > Lost Items Charge Notice.
- Click Create Saved Report in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type a name for the report and click OK.
- The report will move to the Saved tab, where there are additional settings. Fill out the Overview, Selections, Options, Schedule, Notification, and FTP tabs as necessary.
- Be sure to fill out the Schedule tab to determine the report frequency.
- If you would like notices to be emailed directly to students, choose the Email format on the Options tab.
- If you use paper notices and want to be emailed a link to the downloadable PDF each week, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification and Download Link To field.
If you want a confirmation each time the report runs, check the Enable Email Notification checkbox on the Notification tab and add your email to the Email Notification To field.
- Click Save.
You can also use the Send Patron Details Email report to remind patrons about lost books they have already paid charges on. That might incentivize them to look for those lost books and get their money back!
You can also notify your patrons about lost items in v6 with any Circulation Notice report. Choose the report with your preferred format and change the Transaction Type to Lost Item. If you want to schedule the report, use the Schedule tab.
Whether you're on v6 or v7, check out our 5 Library Notices to Lighten Things Up blog post for some fun ideas on spicing up your notice text!
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Exports—Move and modify data
May 05, 2021
What do you think?—Reviews
Apr 28, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?