May 3rd, 2021
A lot of students have recently told Miss Honey they've submitted a book review. Awesome! But where does she approve those reviews so they show up in Researcher? Enter... Reviews Management.
Reviews are a great way to engage patrons and get them excited about what's in your collection. But you may also need to make sure they are appropriate and protect student privacy. In Reviews Management, you can control what makes it to Researcher.
Here's everything you need to know about reviews in Alexandria!
You'll need to adjust some Security Preferences depending on how you want reviews to work in your library:
- Security > Tools > Reviews. Determine how individuals are allowed to interact with Reviews Management.
- We recommend Remove, which allows librarians full management of patron reviews.
- Security > Account > Reviews. Determine if newly submitted reviews require approval or are always automatically approved by default.
- We recommend Add - Requires Approval.
- Security > Account > Show Reviewer As. Determine whether reviews will post the patron's whole name, first name and last initial, initials only, or nothing at all.
- We recommend Full First Name and Last Name Initial. (e.g. Darla A.)
Submitting a review through Search or Explore is easy! Teach your patrons how to submit reviews by showing our patron-facing video on reviews. (We also have written instructions on how to submit a review if that works better for you.)
Summer is here–let's keep in touch!
May 16, 2022
End-of-year tips: Tidying up for summer
May 10, 2022
End-of-year tips: Managing patrons
May 03, 2022
End-of-year tips: Item clean up
Apr 26, 2022
End-of-year tips: Disable emails
Apr 20, 2022
End-of-year tips: Due Dates
Apr 13, 2022
End-of-year tips: Inventory
Apr 06, 2022
Researcher Monthly Usage report–How are your students using Alexandria?
Mar 29, 2022
Assigning policies–the complete guide
Mar 23, 2022
When does an overdue item become lost?
Mar 15, 2022
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?