May 3rd, 2021
A lot of students have recently told Miss Honey they've submitted a book review. Awesome! But where does she approve those reviews so they show up in Researcher? Enter... Reviews Management.
Reviews are a great way to engage patrons and get them excited about what's in your collection. But you may also need to make sure they are appropriate and protect student privacy. In Reviews Management, you can control what makes it to Researcher.
Here's everything you need to know about reviews in Alexandria!
You'll need to adjust some Security Preferences depending on how you want reviews to work in your library:
- Security > Tools > Reviews. Determine how individuals are allowed to interact with Reviews Management.
- We recommend Remove, which allows librarians full management of patron reviews.
- Security > Account > Reviews. Determine if newly submitted reviews require approval or are always automatically approved by default.
- We recommend Add - Requires Approval.
- Security > Account > Show Reviewer As. Determine whether reviews will post the patron's whole name, first name and last initial, initials only, or nothing at all.
- We recommend Full First Name and Last Name Initial. (e.g. Darla A.)
Submitting a review through Search or Explore is easy! Teach your patrons how to submit reviews by showing our patron-facing video on reviews. (We also have written instructions on how to submit a review if that works better for you.)
Update title records with exports & imports? Yes, you can!
Jan 19, 2022
Getting equipped: Cataloging items for your library
Jan 13, 2022
Important info on imports
Jan 06, 2022
Top 5 tips of 2021!
Dec 29, 2021
2022 tips ... can we get your feedback?
Dec 08, 2021
Makin' a list (of winter break to dos) & checkin' it twice...
Dec 01, 2021
Overdue Items Notices? We've got you cover-ed
Nov 24, 2021
Automatic email notices... What are you waiting for?
Nov 17, 2021
Labels–Consider the variables
Nov 10, 2021
Let it go—Legacy reports are so last season
Nov 03, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?