May 3rd, 2021
A lot of students have recently told Miss Honey they've submitted a book review. Awesome! But where does she approve those reviews so they show up in Researcher? Enter... Reviews Management.
Reviews are a great way to engage patrons and get them excited about what's in your collection. But you may also need to make sure they are appropriate and protect student privacy. In Reviews Management, you can control what makes it to Researcher.
Here's everything you need to know about reviews in Alexandria!
You'll need to adjust some Security Preferences depending on how you want reviews to work in your library:
- Security > Tools > Reviews. Determine how individuals are allowed to interact with Reviews Management.
- We recommend Remove, which allows librarians full management of patron reviews.
- Security > Account > Reviews. Determine if newly submitted reviews require approval or are always automatically approved by default.
- We recommend Add - Requires Approval.
- Security > Account > Show Reviewer As. Determine whether reviews will post the patron's whole name, first name and last initial, initials only, or nothing at all.
- We recommend Full First Name and Last Name Initial. (e.g. Darla A.)
Submitting a review through Search or Explore is easy! Teach your patrons how to submit reviews by showing our patron-facing video on reviews. (We also have written instructions on how to submit a review if that works better for you.)
Searching by Subject
Nov 16, 2022
The key to assigning keywords
Nov 08, 2022
Keep track of items on display
Nov 02, 2022
Introducing the NEW Circulation videos!
Oct 27, 2022
A note about patron notes
Oct 19, 2022
Shortcut to vendors
Oct 13, 2022
Cash drawer report to the rescue!
Oct 04, 2022
Build better bulletins
Sep 27, 2022
Level up your searching
Sep 21, 2022
Missing the MARC?
Sep 13, 2022
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?