May 3rd, 2021
A lot of students have recently told Miss Honey they've submitted a book review. Awesome! But where does she approve those reviews so they show up in Researcher? Enter... Reviews Management.
Reviews are a great way to engage patrons and get them excited about what's in your collection. But you may also need to make sure they are appropriate and protect student privacy. In Reviews Management, you can control what makes it to Researcher.
Here's everything you need to know about reviews in Alexandria!
You'll need to adjust some Security Preferences depending on how you want reviews to work in your library:
- Security > Tools > Reviews. Determine how individuals are allowed to interact with Reviews Management.
- We recommend Remove, which allows librarians full management of patron reviews.
- Security > Account > Reviews. Determine if newly submitted reviews require approval or are always automatically approved by default.
- We recommend Add - Requires Approval.
- Security > Account > Show Reviewer As. Determine whether reviews will post the patron's whole name, first name and last initial, initials only, or nothing at all.
- We recommend Full First Name and Last Name Initial. (e.g. Darla A.)
Submitting a review through Search or Explore is easy! Teach your patrons how to submit reviews by showing our patron-facing video on reviews. (We also have written instructions on how to submit a review if that works better for you.)
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Exports—Move and modify data
May 05, 2021
What do you think?—Reviews
Apr 28, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?