November 8 2021
Ms. Honey has been wishing for a while that she had more options for customizing labels. She was discussing it with another librarian when she found out those options are already available in a new report! Turns out she was making her labels using a "legacy report"; legacy reports are old reports that will be removed from Alexandria in the future.
Ms. Honey made the simple move from the familiar legacy reports to our new and improved reports, which have the options she needs. If you are still using legacy reports, it's time to let go and explore the new reports we recommend instead!
So, how do you figure out if your saved reports are legacy reports that have been replaced with something better? Go to Reports>Legacy, and then click on the Saved tab.
Use Legacy Reports to find which reports we recommend to replace those old saved reports.
If you don't know what the report was originally called, run the report, download the summary file , and look at the line labeled Report.
Now that you know which of your saved reports are legacy, it's time to replace them with new saved reports!
To create a new saved report:
- Go to Tools>Reports.
- With the Quick tab selected (default), use the Categories pane and report filters to locate and select the template you want to use.
- At the bottom of the Selections tab, click Create Saved Report.
- Enter a name for the new saved report (optional), then click OK.
- Modify the settings in each tab, then click Save.
To remove a legacy saved report:
- Click on the Saved tab under Legacy.
- Unlock the padlock, and select which report you want to remove.
- Use the actions menu to select Remove, and then confirm.
See Saved Reports for more information.
Makin' a list (of winter break to dos) & checkin' it twice...
Dec 01, 2021
Overdue Items Notices? We've got you cover-ed
Nov 24, 2021
Automatic email notices... What are you waiting for?
Nov 17, 2021
Labels–Consider the variables
Nov 10, 2021
Let it go—Legacy reports are so last season
Nov 03, 2021
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes to Reports
Oct 27, 2021
Winter (break) is coming! Are your period due dates set?
Oct 20, 2021
Search smarter!—Combine search results
Oct 13, 2021
Feeling lost?–Handling lost and discarded items
Oct 06, 2021
New Inventory–Using Search Strings
Sep 29, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?