Tip for: 03.05.18
When you have students graduating for good, you want to make sure they return all their items and pay their fines and take care of business before they graduate. Because once they’ve graduated, they’re gone, and you’d be lucky to get a “howdy-do” at the bus stop, let alone one of your books back.
One of the ways you can reach out to those students is by using the Send Email report in v7, or the Account Information - Email report in v6.
Note that you will need your Email settings configured in Administration: /admin or Tools > Administration (v7) or Edit > Administration (v6).
Send Email (v7):
- Open Reports and go to the Patrons category.
- You will see the Email subcategory. That’s new! It only has one report.
- Click on the Send Email report.
- Make Selections for your Graduating patrons (by policy, grade, or other criteria).
- Go to the Options tab.
- Enter a Subject line for your email.
- In the Body, enter the text for your notice. If you have standard letter content (in your Circulation > Letters preference), you can insert that using the button below the field.
- At any point, click Create Saved Report to save your progress (after which, you will access it under the Saved tab instead of the Quick tab).
- When the email is ready, Run the report!
The Send Email report is also good for “The library will be closed” and “Construction in the parking lot” and other notices to your patrons!
Account Information - Email (v6):
- Open Reports and go to the Patrons category, and the Status subcategory.
- Click on the Account Information - Email format report.
- Add Selections to select by your graduating patrons (by policy, grade, etc.).
- In the Letter Text, enter your lovely reminder to return their items.
- At any point, click Create New Saved Report to save your progress (after which, you will access it under the Saved tab instead of the Reports tab).
- When the email is ready, run the report!
Cards expiring? Let your patrons know!
yesterday at 8:18 AM
Automatically Open Report PDFs
Jan 15, 2020
View Hidden Items in Researcher
Jan 08, 2020
We were on a break!—Forgiving accidental fines
Dec 18, 2019
Get your items back before break!
Dec 11, 2019
Help!—Training your patrons
Dec 04, 2019
Help!—New reports documentation
Nov 19, 2019
What does it look like?—Patron Details Cover Art
Nov 11, 2019
"Elehpants?"—Spell Check for Researcher
Nov 06, 2019
Using Study Programs in Researcher
Oct 30, 2019
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!