We will update all Cloud Hosted servers over the two weekends following release. Once all of the Cloud Hosted servers have been updated, we will make the update available to Self Hosted servers.
Here's how to install the update on your Self-Hosted server it:
- Log in to Alexandria.
- Go to Tools > Administration.
- Click the Actions menu, then select Check For Updates.
- Select the update version from the list, then click Update. Your update will now download.
- Click Cancel to close the Available Updates window.
Not every version is able to update to the newest version, so the Available Updates window will only include those versions which meet your machine and version requirements.
Version Numbering Change
As of 7.17.7, we've modified our versioning scheme to better coincide with scheduled monthly updates. We now use the following:
- 7 = Series Version; xx = Academic Year, beginning in June; yy = Month
For example, 7.17.7 means:
- 7 = Series version
- 17 = 2017 academic year
- 7 = The seventh monthly update
If you have more sites than you are licensed for, contact our Sales team immediately at 1-800-347-6439. You can check this in Sites Management; the number of total sites plus the Union Site shows at the top, and the number you have licensed is at the bottom. The Union Site does not require an additional license.
Data conversions from older versions may not be supported. Before updating, please check the version you're currently running.
Updating from v7
If you're already running 7.17.1 or newer, you can update to the latest version. But if you're running an older version, you'll need to update a few times.
- Running 7.16.3? Update to 7.17.12 before updating to the latest version.
- Running 7.16.2? Update to 7.16.3, then to 7.17.12, before updating to the latest version.
- Running an even older version? Contact COMPanion Support for assistance. Depending on your current version, your upgrade path may go through one or more of the following: 7.15.3 → 22.214.171.124 → 7.16.3 → 7.17.12 → 7.18.2+
Upgrading from v6
The process to update from 6.23.1 to v7 is quite a bit different than updating from a more recent version. Check out our v6 to v7 Conversion Guide for more information.
Running 6.22.9 or older? Update to 6.23.1, then to 7.17.12, before updating to the latest version.
Data conversion can take up to 10 minutes for a single database of average size or longer for larger collections and Centralized Catalogs, during which time the program will be inaccessible in your browser. Do not fear; it's still working. If you're concerned, check your server logs for a progress update.