How helpful was this page?
Related Blog Posts
Customize your notices!
Sep 02, 2020
Reopening libraries—things to do
Jul 29, 2020
Reporting and policies—How are they related?
Jul 10, 2020
New Capstone titles?—Hooray!
Apr 29, 2020
End-of-year prep—Disable emails
Apr 01, 2020
End-of-year prep—Due dates
Mar 19, 2020
Aug 14, 2019
Read Me—View Only Access
Jan 11, 2019
Grade Table—Does It Fit Your School?
Nov 15, 2018
Get some help—Inventory Aides
Apr 09, 2018
Tools > Preferences > Advanced Bookings > Settings tab
Advanced Bookings is an optional Alexandria integration. Contact our Sales Team if you're interested in adding it to your library!
If you recently added Advanced Bookings to your existing user license, you must re-register your software before it will become available.
Advanced Bookings greatly enhances Alexandria's reservations capabilities and is valuable when managing centralized media centers that process hundreds of requests each day. When you purchase an Advanced Bookings license, two distinct changes are made to Alexandria:
- The Advanced Bookings system preferences are activated; they allow you to configure email settings and customize reservation notices.
- Two new selections—Advanced Bookings and Process Pending Bookings—appear near the bottom of the Circulation window's primary Actions drop-down menu, allowing operators to access the Advanced Bookings window and associated capabilities.
To use Advanced Bookings, place a reservation as you normally would (see “Placing a Reservation”); patrons can place their own reservations or operators can place them at a central location.
- The Advanced Bookings system preferences can be opened after you have licensed use of Alexandria's Advanced Bookings feature.
- You should perform the Advanced Bookings process from the Circulation window once each day.
- You should also perform the Process Pending Bookings function to “catch” bookings that were not successfully processed.
Advanced Bookings influences each of the following areas:
Tools > Preferences > Advanced Bookings > Settings
Advanced Bookings expands your reservations capabilities by streamlining the management of centralized media centers.
- Email Return Address. Alexandria uses the email address you supply here as the return email address for all Advanced Bookings email notifications. This is generally the email address of the operator who handles your Advanced Bookings requests and issues.
- Email Reservation Return Requests. When checked, reservation return requests are automatically emailed to patrons an indicated number of days before their items are due back as a friendly reminder.
- Days Before Item is Due to Send Out Notices. Set the number of days before items are due to send the reservation return request email (referenced above).
- Email Reservation Shipping Notices. Check this box if you'd like to automatically email patrons when their requested items are en route to them; Alexandria will send a notification for each patron reservation. This email contains the Reservation Shipping text you created in the Notices tab.
The Enable Automatic Email Notifications box must be checked in the Circulation Settings preferences, your SMTP Server must be properly configured in the Administration Email settings, and your patron must have a valid email address stored in their record.
Tools > Preferences > Advanced Bookings > Notices tab
The Notices tab allows you to manage and customize different types of booking notices. In order for most Advanced Bookings notices to be sent, the Enable Automatic Email Notifications box must be checked in the Circulation Settings preferences, your SMTP Server must be properly configured in the Administration Email settings, and, in most cases, your patron must have a valid email address stored in their record. Remember that if you modify the text of a notice, you must click on Save or Revert to keep or cancel the change.
- Packing List Note. This note is placed at the top of the Advanced Bookings Reservation Packing List. It is entirely up to you to customize. Default is blank.
- Reservation Return Request. The following message is used in the body of the return request notifications that are automatically emailed to patrons when the Email Reservation Return Requests preference is enabled. Default is: “These items will be due soon. Please return them to the library.”
- Reservation Placed. The following message is used in the body of notifications that are automatically emailed to patrons who have placed reservations. Default is: “Your reservation has been placed.”
- Reservation Shipping. The following message is used in the body of notifications that are automatically emailed to patrons when pending reservations have been filled; the Email Reservation Shipping Notices preference must be enabled. Default is: “Your reservation has been shipped.”
- Reservation Removed. The following message is used in the body of the notifications that are automatically emailed to patrons when pending reservations have been removed. Default is: “Your reservation has been removed.”