Tip for: 11.03.14
It’s time to add some eBooks to your Alexandria collection!
This tip is outdated for version 7. Please see Add Titles - Import Electronic Resources instead.
Remember, if you are using OverDrive ebooks, the records will be imported into Alexandria automatically.
Because ebooks don’t have copies, you will want to set some specific Item Settings when importing a vendor file of ebooks into Alexandria.
To add ebooks to Alexandria:
- Drag and drop your vendor file on Circulation.
- In the Import module, under Status, check the box Archive First.
- Go to the Item Settings tab.
- Change the Copies drop-down menu to Never Add Copies.
- Make sure Reassign Duplicate Barcodes is checked.
- Uncheck Allow Title Updates.
- Select the Item Policy, such as eBook, and fill in any other applicable fields.
- Click on Run.
After the import, be sure to check Operation Management:
- From Tools in the menu bar, open Operation Management.
- Locate the Import and click the information icon.
- Check that the records imported correctly.
Did you know you can try out some Capstone Interactive ebooks for free? To find out how, follow the wiki link to Importing eBooks.
Why can't I find it?—Tips for using Search
Aug 12, 2020
It's that time!—Beginning-of-Year
Aug 05, 2020
Reopening libraries—things to do
Jul 29, 2020
Remote checkouts—all the resources
Jul 24, 2020
Reporting and policies—How are they related?
Jul 10, 2020
eBooks—All the resources
Jun 03, 2020
Help us help you!—Page ratings
May 13, 2020
Help!—Researcher training for librarians
May 06, 2020
New Capstone titles?—Hooray!
Apr 29, 2020
End-of-year prep—Back up your data
Apr 22, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?