Tip for: 11.03.14
It’s time to add some eBooks to your Alexandria collection!
This tip is outdated for version 7. Please see Add Titles - Import Electronic Resources instead.
Remember, if you are using OverDrive ebooks, the records will be imported into Alexandria automatically.
Because ebooks don’t have copies, you will want to set some specific Item Settings when importing a vendor file of ebooks into Alexandria.
To add ebooks to Alexandria:
- Drag and drop your vendor file on Circulation.
- In the Import module, under Status, check the box Archive First.
- Go to the Item Settings tab.
- Change the Copies drop-down menu to Never Add Copies.
- Make sure Reassign Duplicate Barcodes is checked.
- Uncheck Allow Title Updates.
- Select the Item Policy, such as eBook, and fill in any other applicable fields.
- Click on Run.
After the import, be sure to check Operation Management:
- From Tools in the menu bar, open Operation Management.
- Locate the Import and click the information icon.
- Check that the records imported correctly.
Did you know you can try out some Capstone Interactive ebooks for free? To find out how, follow the wiki link to Importing eBooks.
Send notices by charge amount
yesterday at 9:30 AM
Helpful reports—Have you given them a try?
Jan 13, 2021
Send hold notices by availability!
Jan 07, 2021
Top 5 Tips of 2020
Dec 21, 2020
Happy holidays!—Vote on tip topics
Dec 09, 2020
Prepping for winter break
Dec 01, 2020
Hands-free sign-in with Activity Express
Nov 25, 2020
From our librarians—Reusable book menu cards
Nov 18, 2020
Lost books? Remind your patrons about them!
Nov 11, 2020
What's due soon?—Relative dates
Nov 04, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?