Tip for: 11.03.14
It’s time to add some eBooks to your Alexandria collection!
This tip is outdated for version 7. Please see Add Titles - Import Electronic Resources instead.
Remember, if you are using OverDrive ebooks, the records will be imported into Alexandria automatically.
Because ebooks don’t have copies, you will want to set some specific Item Settings when importing a vendor file of ebooks into Alexandria.
To add ebooks to Alexandria:
- Drag and drop your vendor file on Circulation.
- In the Import module, under Status, check the box Archive First.
- Go to the Item Settings tab.
- Change the Copies drop-down menu to Never Add Copies.
- Make sure Reassign Duplicate Barcodes is checked.
- Uncheck Allow Title Updates.
- Select the Item Policy, such as eBook, and fill in any other applicable fields.
- Click on Run.
After the import, be sure to check Operation Management:
- From Tools in the menu bar, open Operation Management.
- Locate the Import and click the information icon.
- Check that the records imported correctly.
Did you know you can try out some Capstone Interactive ebooks for free? To find out how, follow the wiki link to Importing eBooks.
Update title records with exports & imports? Yes, you can!
Jan 19, 2022
Getting equipped: Cataloging items for your library
Jan 13, 2022
Important info on imports
Jan 06, 2022
Top 5 tips of 2021!
Dec 29, 2021
2022 tips ... can we get your feedback?
Dec 08, 2021
Makin' a list (of winter break to dos) & checkin' it twice...
Dec 01, 2021
Overdue Items Notices? We've got you cover-ed
Nov 24, 2021
Automatic email notices... What are you waiting for?
Nov 17, 2021
Labels–Consider the variables
Nov 10, 2021
Let it go—Legacy reports are so last season
Nov 03, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?