Tip for: 11.03.14
It’s time to add some eBooks to your Alexandria collection!
This tip is outdated for version 7. Please see Add Titles - Import Electronic Resources instead.
Remember, if you are using OverDrive ebooks, the records will be imported into Alexandria automatically.
Because ebooks don’t have copies, you will want to set some specific Item Settings when importing a vendor file of ebooks into Alexandria.
To add ebooks to Alexandria:
- Drag and drop your vendor file on Circulation.
- In the Import module, under Status, check the box Archive First.
- Go to the Item Settings tab.
- Change the Copies drop-down menu to Never Add Copies.
- Make sure Reassign Duplicate Barcodes is checked.
- Uncheck Allow Title Updates.
- Select the Item Policy, such as eBook, and fill in any other applicable fields.
- Click on Run.
After the import, be sure to check Operation Management:
- From Tools in the menu bar, open Operation Management.
- Locate the Import and click the information icon.
- Check that the records imported correctly.
Did you know you can try out some Capstone Interactive ebooks for free? To find out how, follow the wiki link to Importing eBooks.
Using Contents Notes
Sep 23, 2021
Unused Barcodes: Reporting for Duty
Sep 15, 2021
Be Prepared—Working offline
Sep 04, 2021
Learn and grow—Statistics in Alexandria
Aug 26, 2021
Analyze your collection—Mitinet and Titlewave
Aug 06, 2021
Jul 07, 2021
Let's stay in touch!
May 13, 2021
Exports—Move and modify data
May 05, 2021
What do you think?—Reviews
Apr 28, 2021
Removing holds—Easy as 1, 2, 3
Mar 10, 2021
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?