Tip for: 09.21.15
When you buy books with Mackin, and have the Mackin add-on, Alexandria will automatically import those records. Let’s look at setting up your Mackin preferences.
Note: The following Tip applies to both version 6 and 7 of Alexandria.
To enable Mackin integration with Alexandria:
- From Tools, open Preferences.
- Under the Management category, click on Extras.
- Select Mackin from the list on the left.
- Check the box to Enable Mackin.
- Fill in the Vendor URL (e.g. http://www.mackin.com/corp/index.php) (and username and password) for easy access through Circulation.
- Save the preference.
When you buy from Mackin, they put those records on their server. The next time Daily Chores run in Alexandria, it will automatically import the records. Note: These import settings apply also to MackinVIA imports.
To set import preferences:
- In the Mackin preference, go to the Tools tab.
- Choose to use Policy Mapping, or manually set what policy to use for Printed, eBook, and Audiobook Materials.
- Adjust the Title Match Sensitivity to determine how close a title must match before it’s an update rather than a new item. The default is Normal.
- Enable Call Number Matching to help with the Title Matching*.
- Check the box to Set Copy Status to In-Processing for Printed Materials.
- Save the preference.
*Central Union databases that are not using title call numbers may want to disable Call Number Matching to avoid duplicate title records that vary only by call number.
Export your collection from any of your sites to send to Mackin. Mackin will analyze the catalog to determine which titles and copies should be replaced, and how much it would cost to do so with Mackin.
To run the export for the site you are currently signed in to:
- Click Mackin Export.
- Go to Operation Management.
- Download the file, then send the file to Mackin for review and analysis.
If you are having trouble setting up your Mackin imports, please contact Mackin for your Username and Password.
Mackin Copyright © Mackin Educational Resources
Which MARC tag and subfield do I use?
Oct 21, 2020
Improve searching—Medium aliases
Oct 14, 2020
New Copy List—See where your copies are
Oct 07, 2020
New Item Details—Interactivity and reorganization
Sep 30, 2020
Clean up—Managing Z39.50 servers
Sep 23, 2020
Immediately check out in-stock holds
Sep 16, 2020
New Patron Details—We listened to your feedback!
Sep 09, 2020
Customize your notices!
Sep 02, 2020
Keeping patrons informed—Email notices
Aug 26, 2020
Refresher—Checking in items
Aug 19, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!
How helpful was this page?