Tip for March 4, 2019
It's time to clean up the shelves. How do you identify items for the chopping block? You can use the Weeding List report to find, say, items more than 10 years old that haven't been used in the last 10 years.
Running a Weeding List
- In Reports, go to the Copies category.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the Weeding List report.
- In the following fields, enter a date range to search for items that haven't been used during that period. For example, you can search from the far past (01/01/1900) to the less-far past of maybe 10 years ago (03/03/2009).
- v7 Copies last used between and Copies published between
- v6 Copy Last Used Date and Publication Year
- Do you have items of certain policies that are never checked out? Be sure to exclude those items.
- Go to Options and choose how to sort your results. Copy Call Number is set by default.
- Run the report and download the PDF from Operations Management.
Or weed by....
Look for items that have never been checked out. Enter 0 through 0 in the following fields:
- v7 Copies with Life to Date Usage of
- v6 Copy LTD Usage
Look for items that have been checked out fewer than 10 times. Enter 0 through 10 in the following fields:
- v7 Copies with Life to Date Usage of, enter 0 through 10. In the Options tab, choose to sort by LTD usage.
- v6 Copy LTD Usage
Copies in poor condition
Enter your lowest condition, like Used, Beat Up, Dead, etc.
- v7 Copies with a Condition of
- v6 Copy Condition
How often do you weed? How do you do it? What criteria do you use? Do you have any tips for new librarians? Leave a comment!
Mar 25, 2020
End-of-year prep—Due dates
Mar 19, 2020
When are my books due?—Send Patron Details to everyone
Mar 04, 2020
Help!—New utilities documentation
Feb 26, 2020
Reservations in Researcher—Train your patrons
Feb 19, 2020
Improved Reservations interface!
Feb 12, 2020
When two isn't better than one—Merging patron records
Feb 05, 2020
Get your books back!—Scheduling overdue notices
Jan 29, 2020
Cards expiring? Let your patrons know!
Jan 22, 2020
Automatically Open Report PDFs
Jan 15, 2020
Want more tips?
Sign up for the emails!